SONCO Worldwide is a fast growing, diversified, entrepreneurial company, originally founded in 1976. Today, SONCO has an energized focus on the Events and Construction rental business, our Crowd Control Store on-line marketplace and our Mechanical Tube division.
Our shared service department is looking for a Human Resources Manager that will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy. The office is moving from Beltsville, MD to Capitol Heights, MD in May. The position will be mainly remote until the move is complete.
Interested candidates should send their resume, along with their salary requirements, to HR@Sonco.com.
- Manage the recruitment process from establishing effective strategies and building recruitment relationships, to ensuring a smooth onboarding experience for all new hires.
- Ensure smooth transition of exiting employees, to include timely last pay, COBRA administration, and exit interviews.
- Works with the HR Generalist and Finance to ensure timely, accurate payroll processing within Paylocity.
- Collaborates with Finance to create quarterly and annual reports, filings, and W-2.
- Creates dashboards and ad-hoc reports for management when necessary.
- Benefits/Retirement Administration:
- Acts as the Plan Administrator for the Company’s 401k Plan. Responsible for all timely Plan communications, testing, filings, request processing, and annual review.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Company’s benefit package. This includes advising management on vendors and plans, conducting the annual open enrollment, monthly invoice auditing, assisting employees with claims issues and life event changes, and ensuring effective employee benefits communications.
- Responds to all employee relations issues, investigations, and complaints.
- Coaches and advises executives and management.
- Ensures proper documentation to protect against liability.
- Manage the performance review process from launch to completion. This includes any training, coaching, and tracking.
- Manages Qualtrics engagement platform. Creates surveys, monitors results, and analyzes data.
- Legal Compliance/Organizational Development
- Adjudicates all failed background check and drug test results.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local laws/regulations.
- Develops and updates company-wide human resources handbook, policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Direct initiatives to create a pleasant, cohesive, and safe work culture.
- Safety & Fleet Management
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state health and safety regulations.
- Participates in OSHA inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures.
- Maintain policies (Security, Key system, and Camera Policy) and create dashboard metrics.
- Conduct safety committee meetings, required training, and periodic auditing (OSHA 10, DOT) either online or through occasional site travel.
- Manages all safety, DOT, and drug testing programs.
- Works with employees, managers, and Workers Compensation Insurance Company to ensure compliance with accident/injury policies and procedures. Also works to reduce Workers’ compensation injuries in both frequency and severity.
- Negotiates and manages contracts and price negotiations with office supply vendors.
- Coordinates with other departments to organize office operations and procedures.
- Plans and create quarterly newsletter.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent.
- PHR Certification.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years related HR experience.
- Working knowledge of Paylocity, Qualtrics, and SharePoint.
- Preferred Education
- Master’s degree in human resources or MBA
- SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- OSHA 10 and DOT Certifications.
- Oversees a Human Resources Generalist.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally.
OUR VALUES: SONCO encourages a spirit of cooperation and teamwork and fosters an environment of professional growth where employees can exercise their ability, creativity, technical competence, and public interest focus in helping SONCO fulfill its mission.
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity and E-Verify employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Human Resource Manager 4.2021